Mitered Half-Laps

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:57:25 -0400, the infamous "Ed Pawlowski" scrawled the following:

Here, you two:

They left the light on for ya.

-- Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. -- Earl Warren

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:42:26 -0700 (PDT), the infamous "jack-bench.com" scrawled the following:

Speaking of videos, Charlie, why don't you have a video of your bench going up and down?

-- May those who love us, love us; And may those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts; And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping. --old Gaelic blessing

Reply to
Larry Jaques

He does.

Reply to
LDosser

Pretty fancy... ; )

Reply to
Bill

Yes, and I love the idea. :)

Reply to
LDosser

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:02:02 -0700, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

Where? The only one I saw was where he was talking in front of it. I didn't see one dance. URL?

-- May those who love us, love us; And may those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts; And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping. --old Gaelic blessing

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Videos 1 and 5:

LDosser

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 00:07:19 -0700, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

Yeah, I found them right after writing that. Actuation is a bit on the bumpy side, but it works as advertised, alright.

Kudos, Charlie.

-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I just watch a couple of those and see a pretty glaring flaw. When it's lowered, that threaded rod with the eye-loop, sticks out pretty far, right at the level of many knees.

Ever hit your kneecap on a metal support underneath a table at a restaurant? Last time I did, I about puked from the pain.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I hate it when somebody does that ...

Reply to
LDosser

Welcome to the life of those confined to wheelchairs.

Reply to
Upscale

er, I was joking.

FWIW, I've got a significant amount of wheelchair (couple years), crutches (1+years), completely confined to a bed (1 year), one or two canes (>9 years) time to understand the issues - a lot of that time is during the past 12 or so years.

Reply to
LDosser

Next time I bonk my kneecap, I'm going to suck it up and think of you.

Reply to
-MIKE-