Mitered Half-Laps

Page 3 of 3

He does.

Pretty fancy... ; )

Yes, and I love the idea. :)
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:02:02 -0700, the infamous "LDosser"

Where? The only one I saw was where he was talking in front of it. I didn't see one dance. URL?
-- May those who love us, love us; And may those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts; And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping. --old Gaelic blessing

Videos 1 and 5:
http://www.jack-bench.com/workbench%20plans%20-%20workbench%20videos.htm
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 00:07:19 -0700, the infamous "LDosser"

Yeah, I found them right after writing that. Actuation is a bit on the bumpy side, but it works as advertised, alright.
Kudos, Charlie.
-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin
On 4/1/10 12:00 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I just watch a couple of those and see a pretty glaring flaw. When it's lowered, that threaded rod with the eye-loop, sticks out pretty far, right at the level of many knees.
Ever hit your kneecap on a metal support underneath a table at a restaurant? Last time I did, I about puked from the pain.
--

-MIKE-

I hate it when somebody does that ...

Welcome to the life of those confined to wheelchairs.

er, I was joking.
FWIW, I've got a significant amount of wheelchair (couple years), crutches (1+years), completely confined to a bed (1 year), one or two canes (>9 years) time to understand the issues - a lot of that time is during the past 12 or so years.
On 4/1/10 5:58 PM, Upscale wrote:

Next time I bonk my kneecap, I'm going to suck it up and think of you.
--

-MIKE-

Nice video and funny music. My wife laughed her ass off. I think that it's real nice of you to show videos of things you do to guys that have a little to moderate experience so that they can add this to their "I can do list". I personally like splined miters but I didn't do a video to show how. Good on you I say.
Russ P.

If your material is thick enough you can use a dado clean-out bit to clean it up. It's just a short top bearing guided bit that can run against the sawn miter.
JP