Miter trimmers

Been considering for a while the purchase of one of the Lion Miter Trimmers or perhaps the import copy. Can anyone offer any comments on how well they work and if they are worth the investment for trimming molding and general WWing ? TIA

Reply to
JPEracing

Wayne Weber

This topic has been discussed at length...try going to

and searching for "miter trimmer" (with the quotes). That will bring up several hundred hits. I suspect that ONE of them is material I contributed, discussing my clone miter trimmer. In short...If one is going to be doing a lot of picture framing and other smallish things with miter joints - get one. The "real" Lion may well be the best. I get very adequate performance out of my Grizzly Industrial Clone (and it only cost me $75.00 or so). As with all tools, it has a learning curve to get it working "right", and, one REALLY has to keep the blades Scary Sharp. But, man...it is one honking good tool for making glass-smooth, accurate miters and allowing one to sneak up to a perfect fit. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt