Miter Saw Dust Collection Hoods?

Page 1 of 2
Since I don't have 2 grand to plonk down on a Festool Kapex and Dust Extractor combination, I'm looking for recommendations from anyone who's used either of the two canopy/hood type collectors that attach to the saw and funnel the dust into its big bag.
Rousseau and Fastcap seem to be the only two out there. Anyone in here have and use one of these? How pleased are you and how well do they work?
--

-MIKE-

I've had a Fastcap for several years. It works well and keeps dust from flying everywhere but isn't all that easy to clean if you're OCD. It's worth the money, IMO.
On 1/18/16 8:02 PM, krw wrote:

Thanks for the info.
--

-MIKE-

I haven't used either of the two you referenced but I did design and build my own out of plexiglass. Pictures are shown below.
http://s692.photobucket.com/user/dobripw/library/Miter%20Saw?sort=3&page=1
On 1/18/16 8:31 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to specify why I want one. I'm looking for something very portable for use in clients' homes. My situation in the shop is pretty well taken care of. But I have a crown job coming up that's on the 3rd floor of a condo building. The client says he'll put up plastic (nice of him!) but I want to minimize the dust.
--

-MIKE-

Mine is sure not portable. ;-(
On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 20:40:57 -0600

get a drillnado
dump the bellows out into the clients wastebasket
doug might sell his cheap
On 1/18/16 9:15 PM, Eclectic Vomit wrote:

Every village needs an idiot. How's it feel being ours?
--

-MIKE-

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 21:57:27 -0600

you wasted your wifes money on a centipede flimsyhorse so who is the real idiot
unlike you my highly refined built in bullshit detector prevents me from throwing good money away on junk
On 1/18/16 11:09 PM, Eclectic Vomit wrote:

Served me very well on three jobs just last week. Everyone in here knows you're full of shit. You're good for a laugh though... like I said: village idiot.
Hope it's not too cold in your mom's basement.
--

-MIKE-

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 23:16:29 -0600

turned 72 in october my mother died when i was 6 i have been on my own since i was 15 married at 19
unlike you i made my own way never asking for handouts i bet your wife has to pay for your childish vanity domain and buy the gas for your van
poor gal will keep you up as long as you stay clean and sober if you screw up you will go back to living out of your van sux 2 b u
On 1/19/2016 12:44 AM, Eclectic Vomit wrote:

It appears someone is trolling our friend the Comet. Not sure if its a regular of the wreck, or one of the random trolls that still inhabit the newsgroups.
John
On 1/19/2016 10:53 AM, John McCoy wrote:

It is puzzling, probably a PIA that is jealous of EC and every one else here.
On 1/19/16 12:03 PM, Leon wrote:

Could be. Might be time to set up a kill file. Man, I haven't had one of those in years!
--

-MIKE-

On 1/19/2016 12:10 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

On 1/19/2016 2:57 PM, Leon wrote:

[snip]

Piece of cake, Leon.
With the offending post opened, right click on the sender's email address. Select "Create Filter From. . ." and click on it. It's pretty intuitive from there out.
On 1/19/2016 2:57 PM, Leon wrote:

[snip]

Piece of cake, Leon.
With the offending post opened, right click on the sender's email address. Select "Create Filter From. . ." and click on it. It's pretty intuitive from there out.
ADDITIONAL:
Forgot to mention that it will also work with the subject line.

Different troll, trying hard to make the other look worse.