Minwax Date Codes

That's what happens when you misspell it. ;-) Y'all is a contraction of "you" and "all", with the "ou" dropped and replaced by the '''. ;-)

What's the possessive of "it"?

In NY, it's yous.

Reply to
krw

Sure it isn't a contraction of ya' (yuh) and all? I doubt people using "ya'll" enunciate "you" frequently.

What's the possessive of "it"?

In NY, it's yous.

Reply to
m II

Positive.

Wrong, in many ways, of course. Top posters always are.

Reply to
krw

Would you assume MW 2088VN would be day 208 of 2008 or 2018?

Reply to
emomplease

I don't know of the Minwax system, but worked with lot numbers and dating codes. From what was given I assume the lot number structure is

"Batch" a Designator ie like the phrase "Lot Number", "Batch Number", "Run Number'

PP (MW) is a product code. nnn (131) is the day of the year the product was made. (Probably the production facility makes one batch per day and packages it.) Y (0) is a one digit character representing the last number of the year.

A field of 6 characters would be given for the lot number "PPnnnY"

Batch PPnnnY If so, Minwax works on a 10 year cycle, with expiration date of 4 years, thus the year cycle is 2.5 time the expiration date. So by the time a date number comes around again any produce would have expired 2. times.

This is quite similar to a lot number system that I used for nearly 16 years.

Reply to
knuttle

Date does not matter if the product does not work. If you have a product that could be 2 or 12 years old, test on a scrap. If it works out OK proceed. Or to be safe, buy a new fresh can of the product.

Reply to
Leon

The 040 is the batch number and the last three is the number can filled by that batch. If there would happen to be a problem with a product they will remove all of that batch from stores. They know exactly how many cans they filled from that specific batch. Just a FYI I am a painting contractor of 24 years and I have ran into a exact situation with minwax before Sherwin Williams bought the company. It's still the same way today the numbers except you will see a 4 digit number with SCW underneath the batch number. That is coding for Sherwin Williams.

Reply to
Painter_Paul