Mineral oil uses in the woodshop?

Just got a bottle of mineral oil for Monkey pod salad bowls. What other uses are there for it in the shop?
dave
Butcher's block, or anything else that will come into contact with food.

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Take some at bedtime. Makes things move easier in the morning. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Lubricant for french polishing
Lubricant for sanding some finishes that tend to clog sandpaper.
Low-temperature thin oily lubricant for some mechanisms - 3in1 goes a bit thick in the Winter.
Stopping mosquitoes breeding in the water butt (seals the air off - stops the larvae beathing).
Andy Dingley wrote:

What is a water butt in the UK? In the States, if I have water butt, it's time to take some Pepto Bismol.
Barrel.

Cutting boards, spoons, rolling pins, pasta drying rack, or any other kitchen utensils.

Chapped hands. But don't do it when you need to keep a good grip on things...
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Good "natural" finish for food contact items and thus any toys/items that could find their way into a baby's mouth. (ie blocks)
Weeeeell, not so much a "finish" as lubrication. Further, as it does not cure, it picks ups dust and dirt pretty easily. Like the wife's swiffer.

could
that would make it a good choice to lube wooden threads.
BRuce
George wrote:

--
---

BRuce

Cut it 50/50 with kerosene, and use it as a lubricant on your Arkansas oilstone for sharpening.
Glenn

I use it for lubrication on my Norton oilstone rotating bath, its cheaper than the oil sold for that purpose, and put it in an old dishwashing liquid bottle and use it on other stones for sharpening lubrication.
"Mutt" wrote...

I use mineral oil to lube my cabinet scrapers before burnishing, as a lubricant when rubbing out a finish with pumice and rottenstone, and as a lubricant for my rubber when French polishing. Doesn't take much but it does the trick. I've had the same bottle for 8 years.
--
Cheers,
Howard

Heat it and have your masseuse rub your shoulders with it while you are working with your wood.

Eeuw ! This is mineral oil. Not nice stuff for massage oil.
Try grapeseed oil instead.