Metric brad-point drill bit

I'm looking for a 14mm brad-point bit. Rockler is sold out until February. Who else is a good source for things like this?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Lee Valley Tools:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

Did you look at McMaster Carr?

Reply to
Joe

Yes I did - something like $34 for one 14mm brad point bit. Lee Valley (thanks, Nova) has 'em for eight clams.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Youza... That's mighty steep.

Reply to
Joe

but you get it the next day so it's not so bad.

Reply to
Steve Knight

True, true. But that $8 Lee Valley item is eight CANADIAN smackers. Comes to $5.50 US. It's worth the wait.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Greetings- I assume 9/16 is not close enough ? 0.5625 vs. 0.5512.

Reply to
Jim L.

It's for a metric barrel hinge. Mfgr sez the fit has to be just right. Hate to see the door fall off -- as there is no fallback position -- so I'll stick with the mfgr's recommendation on this one.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Lee Valley in their latest catalog has metric brad point drill bits

John

Reply to
John

Yup, and that's who I ordered from. At a pretty good price, too.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Any of our distributors can obtain a 14mm brad point drill for you. We are in stock on this item at this time. Email me your zipcode and I'll see if we have a dealer near you.

Robert Larson snipped-for-privacy@rlarson.com

Reply to
Robert Larson

Thanks, Robert -- Lee Valley has them for about US$ 5.50, I ordered one a week ago.