Method to obtain a green veneer for marquetry

Hi,
Lately I'm doing a fair amount of marquetry, for example to create patterns on boxes or other projects. Usually I use the natural colored woods, and most colors I can find in the natural wood. However, frequently I'm wanting a wood with a greenish tint, and I don't know where to get such a wood in a natural color (green poplar browns with age).
Does anyone have a recommended way to obtain a green-colored wood veneer, either naturally or by using some kind of dye? If you dye it, what base would do you recommend and how do you get thorough dye penetration?
Cheers and thanks in advance, Nate Perkins (Ft Collins, CO)
p.s. I did a Google search prior to posting but didn't find info on this particular topic.

Well, dying your own wouldn't be that difficult but if you are lazy like me you can buy it pre-dyed from various sources. I've had good success with Constantine's. Haven't bought any for some years but they still have it in their catalog.
http://www.constantines.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?030&129&2=-1
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Nate Perkins wrote:

I've used TransTint and TransFast dyes with good results.
http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/htdocs/TransFastdyes.htm
They're also available through Rockler.

Terrific, just what I needed. Thanks to both you and John for the help!
Also don't forget RIT dye (bought at the local grocery store). Experiment. I have used RIT dyes for inlays, just have to let it soak.
Half the fun of woodworking is experimentation.
Montyhp

"Montyhp" <montyhp at yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks, I'll give that a try, too!