Mastering Your Table Saw DVD or Book?

I'm a newbie in woodworking and am getting ready to purchase my first table saw (Grizzly 1023SL). In preparation for myself and my wife using this machine, I want to get a book or DVD that demonstrates the common uses, etc on the table saw. I prefer to learn from watching, not reading, but own several other books that are quite valuable, so I'm not against them. From reading this group, I've decided to get the Kelly Mehler book or DVD "Mastering Your Table Saw". I'm trying to find out if the book would be a better way to go, or does the DVD have pretty much the same things as the book? Is there one that is recommened over the other?

Reply to
lance

I'd suggest that first of all you read the intro in Ian Kirby's "The Accurate Table Saw".

IMHO an excellent safety-diatribe, and hopefully a stimulus for users to do what's needed to keep their appendages attached. Part of the deal is to condition yourself to do what's safe. Build proper "muscle-memory"- that sort of thing.

Just one significant injury, which can happen before you can blink, can totally sour the whole thing for you. Besides hurt like hell for a long time.

Might be a good idea to seek local intro course.

HTH, J

Reply to
barry

Reply to