Making a 70.6 cut on miter saw

Page 6 of 7
On 2/20/2010 1:41 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Then you probably have Swing's missing κ for bκte, too...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

We got yur aigus, your graves your circumflexes und UMLAUTS!! HEIL!!! (Sorry, got carried away there for a moment. That way of thinking came with my membership in TWB. (Typists Without Borders)) Seems that Apple understood a long time ago that there were other people on the planet as well. <G>
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/20/2010 2:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Good stuff - I've been thinking that the world is about ready for a keyboard with a language selector and keys with tiny LCDs that changed legend according to the language...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
On 2/20/10 3:31 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:

Festool pricing, but it is available.
--
Froz...

βœ–
On 2/20/2010 3:01 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

OLEDS! 48p x 48p! Shazam!
English/Arabic/French/Portuguese/Spanish/Russian/APL! Gottahavit!
<Morris takes out wallet, peeks inside>
8-(
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Geebus... that's nice...but that's not Festool pricing, it's more like Audemars Piguet pricing. (Their tourbillon watches are drool-worthy. Google tourbillon and find out exactly how nuts ultra-geek becomes in the world of mechanical watch movements.)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Morris Dovey wrote:

<http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/keyboards-mice/9836/?cpg=froogle
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/20/2010 3:04 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

Ah yes, the Optimus Maximus. You'd have to be one HELL of a geek to shell out $1600 for a keyboard.
βœ–

Tempting....
Add pictures here
βœ–

They'll be sub 300 dollars soon enough.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/20/2010 2:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:

This Dell laptop keyboard takes a couple of extra, and mysterious, combo keystrokes and six fingers on each hand just to do a F5 refresh.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Robatoy wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–

Thank you Morris. ;~)
Add pictures here
βœ–

You a Johnny Dangerously fan, Leon? One of my favourite movies in that genre, along with Fish Called Wanda etc..
Add pictures here
βœ–

You a Johnny Dangerously fan, Leon? One of my favourite movies in that genre, along with Fish Called Wanda etc..
P R E C I C E L Y ! ! ! Farkin Ice Hole! That is exactly where I got that. LOL
Add pictures here
βœ–

.
Danny Vermin: I got something to stop him. Dutch: They made it for him special. It's an eighty-eight Magnum. Danny Vermin: It shoots through schools
and this:
Roman Moroni: You fargin sneaky bastage. I'm gonna take your dwork. I'm gonna nail it to the wall. I'm gonna crush your boils in a meat grinder. I'm gonna cut off your arms. I'm gonna shove 'em up your icehole. Dirty son-a-ma-batches
but my favourite:
Newspaper Headline: Roman Moroni Deported to Sweden. Says He's Not From There.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Leon wrote:

Hold down the Alt-key and type "0176" on the numeric keypad. Another useful one is ? (Alt-0162). For more, stir up "Character Map" and select "Courier" font. Pick the character you want and look in the lower right corner for the key combination. For example, the "Euro" symbol "?" is Alt-0128, and the plus-minus symbol "+" is Alt-0177.
These may not display properly on all screens in that some users may be using a font other than a normal one such as Courier or Times Roman.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Thank you
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'm running Windows 7, and apparently they've modified character map. The code is given in the lower left hand corner is hexadecimal and not decimal. There's still copy and paste, but I wish the character map people realized many people would rather use the alt-[code] format for oft entered symbols than open yet another program.
I've looked for an option to change it, there is none.
FWIW, Calculator still has a base converter built in.
Puckdropper

βœ–
Puckdropper wrote:

The code in the lower _left_ is the Unicode value. If there is a code for the character which may be entered using the ALT key it will be on the lower _right_. All characters don't have such a code. And if you're using Word then you can use the Unicode value by entering the hex then ALT-X (be nice if MS carried this through to all their applications but . . .).
Add pictures here
βœ–