Looooooong way OT

G'day all. Hoping that someone may be of assistance. A few weeks ago I had a problem with the puter, Spyware or some other bloody nuisance. Anyhow, had to delete and then re-install Thunderbird and Firefox. That's the background, now the question ;) When I now click on a link in Thunderbird, Firefox does not automatically boot up and take me there. I have to copy the link, open Firefox and paste it to get where I want to go. Does anybody have a clue on how to make the programmes interact as the did previously. I'm not going to jump of a cliff if I can't get them to work buts it's bloody enoying. Thanks John

Reply to
John B

Winders OS any version

1) Make a text document it can be blank, save it with an .html extension. something like fixme.html 2) Right click on that document, choose "open with" and select the option on the list for choose program. 3) In the list choose Firefox and select the option to always use this program and apply.

There should be an option under tools with Internet Explorer that checks if it is the default browser. Make sure that is unchecked...

Knothead

Reply to
Knothead

This is how to fix it with IE, might try it subsituting Firefox (and path) for IE...

Open Windows Explorer. Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types. Scroll down to URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy

Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version. Select 'open'. Click Edit.

"Application used to perform this action" should read:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome (Check the path to iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the double quotes.)

DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:

#1: "%1",,-1,0,,,, #2 IExplore #3 (blank)

#4 WWW_OpenURL

URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.

Sometimes it is necessary to uncheck Use DDE.

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH