Looking for cardholder source

I need a bunch (about 200) of cardholders. I'm talking about the little metal frame that goes on the front of a drawer and lets you slip in a card describing the contents of the drawer. These used to be standard on things like storage drawers, file cabinets, etc. Size is not critical (2 x 3 inches seems about right). Cheap is good.

This seemed like the kind of thing Lee Valley would have, but I didn't see them in the Hardware section their web site. Can anybody suggest a source?

Reply to
Roy Smith

Try this URL:

Sudsy

How about Lee Valley?

ROY!

Reply to
Doug Brown

I found one style at Constantine's

page 1873 (scroll down page)
this site from Google search:
for spyware or mal-ware cookies they want to put on your computer from this site.

Phil

Reply to
Phil-in-MI

Note: Lee Valley's hardware calls them 'Label Holders' and a search for Label holders at Lee Valley.

Phil

Reply to
Phil-in-MI

I've seen them at Rockler's. I KNOW they have them with the little tab to use as a drawer pull (like the old library card catalogs) but pretty sure they also have them without. Have you checked their on-line catalog?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Chrome plated brass, $6.00/dozen, from India.

Got them on ebay.

From memory, came from an outfit called GraceDecor in Memphis.

If this doesn't work, E-Mail me late Monday, will try to find the actual address I used.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

RE: Subject

$6/6 pack, not $0.50 each.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Give this bloke a go. I have purchased some stuff from him and found the prices to be pretty good.

?ViewItem&item=190091519985&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:US:1
this helps you out. regards John

Reply to
John B

Search Lee Valley on "card holder" (two words) and you'll find them, also search Rockler on "card holder" and you'll find a number of them--"label" will get you a few more.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Found it.

Lew Hodgett

WOW! What a perfect example of ebay pricing. In this thread I have seen these card holders selling for a low of $0.69 each to a price of $6.95 (plus 6 bucks shipping for a total of $12.00 each) on ebay. I guess some of us do great on ebay but it seems everytime I check anything out on ebay it is a real rip off. The other day I saw someone wearing a T Shirt. Emblazoned across the front and back were the following words: "I sold my brain on EBay." A crazier phenomenon I have observed is buyers paying up to 5x the price for so-called "antique" tools which are actually iin current production. Then there are the countless scams. For example, I have an interest in audiophile equipment. Recently I was on a website where a guy was advertising a very high-end amplifier for which he wanted around $6,000. While perusing Ebay I found the identical ad--photo, verbiage, everything down to the last line. It was being advertised by a guy in India who instructed the buyer to only send payment by Western Union. The scammer in India simply surfs the web, picks out items he thinks will sell, lifts the ad, puts it on EBay for less money, and instructs buyers to send funds only by Western Union. I just wonder how many people are sucked in by such scams. I send EBay a notice of this obvious scam and never got a response. You would think EBay would want to control this scamming out of their own self interest. All of this FWIW.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bleau