Looking for a chess set??

I am NOT affiliated with this company.
I just thought some of those on the rec might like to see what a BIG chess set looks like.
http://www.giantchess.com/48inchi/index.html
ARM ;-)
"T." wrote:

Staunton style sets are required for chess matches (IIRC). At least you would get your mdr of exercise playing a game with one of those sets.
ARM
T. wrote:

I find froofy chess sets are hard to play with. I can't figure out what anything is.
So I guess if I had a gigantic set, I'd want the pieces to look like what they are. King with a big crown, queen with a smaller crown and big, regal looking hooters. Bishops with goofy bishop hats. Knights in shiny metal armor, with or without horses. Rooks as castle towers.
I guess the pawns would be dressed up like Wal-Mart employees.
Silvan wrote:
<snipped>

Nah, bleeding heart liberal tax-n-spend Democrats would suffice<G>.
This has nothing to do with chess sets, but I couldn't let the last comment go by.
I don't think we can blame the Democrats for the curent deficit thing. The Republicans said that they wanted to return the surplus to the people because the govenment would just spend it if they had it. so the sent a lot of money to the rich - me included. Then they spent what they no longer had! Your grand kids are going to love it.
Len -------------
Grandpa wrote:

lopez responds:

Aren't they, though. We have the "tax and spend Democrats" versus the "borrow from your great-grandchildren and spend Republicans" and the taxpayer is the butt of all jokes.
It may well be time to REALLY reduce spending without lying about it.
Charlie Self
Charlie Self wrote:

I read a book a long time ago called "Government Waste from A to Z." I'll bet it's even worse now than it was when the book came out.
I'm still going to stick to my position of staying the hell out of it though. This is as far as I go expressing my views. For every opinion there is an equal an oposite opinion.
On 19 Dec 2003 19:29:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

It's well past time, Charlie.
It's also time to withdraw from Israel, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Washington D.C. ;)

========================================================= Save the + http://www.diversify.com Endangered SKEETS! + Web Application Programming =========================================================
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:15:27 -0500, T. wrote:

Party affiliation may have less to do with it than the fact that most of them, at least on the national level, are lawyers.
-Doug
Doug Winterburn wrote:

I was told once that a Lawyer is the larval form of a Politician.