Looking for 3/8" Router Bits

Hello everyone, If anyone has or knows where I can find 3/8" router bits, I would really appreciate it. I would prefer they were in excellent condition, or at least very good. New, used, etc. is fine. I already looked on eBay and in some local stores but have found nothing.
Leigh Jigs sell them
http://www.leighjigs.com /

We (PRC) have an arbor (3/8) an bearings that accepts more than 60 cutters. Bevels, slotters, round overs, rabbeters, ogees etc. etc. Connect to http://www.patwarner.com/prc_router_bits.html for catalog. *********************************************************************

If the collet is removable, why not hit a local machine shop and have them make you one that would allow you to accept 1/4" shank bits? Not as sturdy but alot more available. John

I don't think the collet is removable. I already have a 1/4" that is sitting on the floor doing nothing, now. :) I didn't realize they made these 3/8" routers when I bought this router last weekend, so now I am just looking for what I need to run it.

Okay, thanks for the information. I checked out that Leigh place, and I wasn't getting anywhere online. It looks like they just make moulding for you?

Alright, that is very much appreciated!
I'm pretty sure that I've seen them at Highland Hardware (GA. & on the Internet) and that they have 8mm shank ones as well (if you get another "deal" on a router <VBG>).

The router, itself, has a hell of a lot more power than anything I have used. The only drawback is the fact Milwaukee no longer makes the damn thing. But, I will use it with whatever bits I can find for it. I can always thicken the1/4" bits I have, but I don't really want to go that route just yet.

Before you do that, review very carefully the site Pat Warner recommended in an earlier post. Pat's one of the true router gurus.
Patriarch
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 02:57:17 GMT, patriarch

INFO: Pat's book, The Router Book, is on sale at Woodworker's Book Club for $6 this month. #80663-7 http://woodworkersbookclub.com / (Disclaimer: No affiliation other than membership.)
--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

...and which site was that? I have saved all the ones that have been sent to me, so far. I am slowly checking them out as time goes by. :)

http://www.patwarner.com/prc_router_bits.html

I believe that Amana makes router bits with a 3/8" shank. If you have a cabinet shop nearby they may have a distributor that can get you what you need. I think that 3/8" shank bits are industrial bit sizes. mike

Several of the local gurus have tried, and continue to use, 3/8" shank end mills, as are sold for metal working, for routing wood. The thinking is/was, that these had more flutes, offering a smoother cut, and were quite cost effective as well.
I bought a 3/8" collett for one of my PC routers, when I came across it, but, so far, haven't done anything with it.
So check out metal working supply sources, if such are reasonably available to you. I remember pricing in the sub $10 range, but my memory of certain details isn't perfect.
Patriarch

Try a machine tool supply store, they have completely different sources with most bits of pure carbide and of less expense than the "woodworking" sources.
Case in point 1/2" solid carbit up spiral for $24.00
I bought a "worn" 3/8 up spiral for $3.00 had it sharpened for $6.00.
I should have bought their compression bit when it was out too, but didn't figure I would ever use it.
Alan