loaning and borrowing tools

Page 2 of 2

Some people have a pencil and paper they keep in a certain spot. You could probably store it in your phone, even "feature phones" sometimes have some kind of note app.
Puckdropper

I am an old fashioned guy. I keep 3x5 index cards in the shop to stick in my shirt pocket to keep my notes on. I just jot down who borrows what and stick it on a bright yellow clipboard hanging on a nail in plain sight. Name and date prominently displayed. Most of the time I don't have anything loaned out.
On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 22:34:07 -0500

that seems like the best solution no batteries required