Little OT: 8' truck bed going away

Page 4 of 4
On 2/7/2013 11:47 AM, rlz wrote:

You are shopping in the wrong places....
Find a dealer that sells a LOT of commercial vehicles and there is where you will find the standard 8' bed on the classic white pick up truck.
Ask any plumber or carpenter where he go his white pickup truck...
Go there...

Another option you might consider is a small utility trailer.
I have one I pull with my old 1976 Rabbit. It only cost a few hundred dollars for the trailer and wood sides. Licensing is less then $20 a year and it's covered by my car insurance.
I routinely haul full sheets of plywood, lumber, sheetrock, finished projects, etc. Not to mention loads of barkdust, garbage to the dump, or whatever.
In one trip I can haul a load of building supplies in the trailer, tools in the back of my car, myself and three passengers, stop to pick up groceries, and still get 25mpg. :)
Not to mention, my car is a lot more driveable and easier to park than a big truck when I'm not hauling supplies.
One other benefit, I can disconnect the trailer if I don't want to unload it at that moment.
Anthony Watson Mountain Software www.mountain-software.com/about.htm