Lever Cap Screw

I bought a Stanley 9 1/2 block plane on ebay. What a mistake. The Lever Cap screw is to short and only catches by about a half turn of the threads and even then, I can't move the lever into the set position. I think what I need is a slightly longer screw to get over this problem. Does anyone know where a person can find a lever cap screw that is a little longer?
Thanks in Advance, djs
djs wrote:

Stanley Parts 1-800-262-2161 Lori I think they're Central Standard time there, but I could be wrong. Joe
Tools for Woodworking in New York City. Their website is their name with a .com at the end.
Gary in California
Or this guy in Katy, Texas.
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mike_in_katy/PlaneWood/Default.htm

Her extension # is (or has been maybe) 54107, so you don't run into "that guy from Poland" ... lol, you don't want that at all.
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
AAvK wrote:

Oops, I had that, but forgot to include it. Excuse me while I go beat my head against the wall. Joe

Stop when it hurts, however long it takes bro... Lori was really cool to me one time, she sent me a new box of hand plane parts for free. that was alright.
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

First make sure the iron and adjuster are seated properly, then afterall, its only a screw, get a longer one.
Dave
Thanks for all the info. I called earlier today after I read Joe Gorman's post and she is sending me a new screw. Very Nice. djs