Leigh D4 straight bit question

What about using a spiral bit if I can find the right size instead of a straight bit? Thanks

As long as the cutting diameter is the same as the Leigh specs..use what you want. If it's not you can use it anyway, but you'll have to play around a lot more with the settings the first time you use it.
Myx
As the directions state, you will always have to adjust your settings for individual bit differences. I have used spirals from the beginning, with a set of setup marks stored with each.

you want.

more with the

What are the advantages of a spiral bit over a straight bit in solid stock material? Serious question. Regards, Ken
Shear cutting. Less chatter and smoother edges.

for
with