Leigh D4 straight bit question

What about using a spiral bit if I can find the right size instead of a straight bit? Thanks

Reply to
Ace

As long as the cutting diameter is the same as the Leigh specs..use what you want. If it's not you can use it anyway, but you'll have to play around a lot more with the settings the first time you use it.

Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

As the directions state, you will always have to adjust your settings for individual bit differences. I have used spirals from the beginning, with a set of setup marks stored with each.

Reply to
George

What are the advantages of a spiral bit over a straight bit in solid stock material? Serious question. Regards, Ken

Reply to
Ken Lamb

Shear cutting. Less chatter and smoother edges.

Reply to
George