Leigh D4: Where to Buy?

Hi all

I keep just missing out on Leigh D4 auction on eBay. Where can I buy one? If you have had good expierence with a reseller I would like to know.

Chef

Reply to
Master Chef Richard Campbell

I got mine from highland hardware. Arrived in great shape (original packaging from Leigh, actually). I actually bought the combo D4+15 bit set (also from Leigh). Here's a link:

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

I got mine at Woodcraft, and used my "Birthday Month" 10% off coupon. It was worth it. Way wprth it.

-JBB

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

Hello Master Chef:

Try WoodCraft....usually a fair price and also good service...many of the stores have classes on the jig and they are very familiar with the jig if you have a question or operating problem. We have 6 jigs here at the school and I love the Leigh Jig. Easy to teach and easy for the students to learn. Good Luck, Mike from American Sycamore

Mike at American Sycamore

My experience is that woodcraft prices on leigh jigs is a bit high. I purchased my D4 a couple years ago from the local woodcraft (my first big purchase like that).

Go to the leigh webpage

they list the places that sell their stuff this will get you links and phone numbers to call to confirm availability and price.

Either Leevalley or highlnad will have the lowest price.

The guyes at highland are very helpful. I purchased an FMT and MMT from them recently. The guyes and leeValley are also very helpful. I got an F1 from them this summer. F>Hi all

Reply to
william kossack

I got mine from Lee Valley. They are 10 bucks cheaper than everywhere else (12 dollars shipping). I also got the vacum attachment with it, and they were 2dollars cheaper that the rest.

Reply to
Ace

Highland Hardware. 800-241-6748. Been good to do business with.

Reply to
Sam Wheeler

Highland has the best price that I know of. I like dealing w/Lee-Veritas but you can save a lot if you don't have to pay sales tax. Since I'm in NY I would have to pay sales tax for Lee orders but not for Highland. I recall that shipping is about the same. Windywood

Master Chef Richard Campbell wrote:

Reply to
Windy Wood

Funny thing. I was going to buy the Leigh FMT jig from Lee Valley and the price listed was $1059 vs. $859 everywhere else. Guess it was a mistake because now they have it listed for $749 - that's the cheapest I've seen it anywhere. Guess it's time to order :).

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
william kossack

Woodworkers Supply has them listed for $359.99US in their new winter 2004 catalog but have them listed online for $389.99US.

links

Reply to
scottso

that is why you really have to call them up. one thing can be less at one place and another can be cheeper elsewhere

it does not cost much especially as most of them have 800 numbers otherwise I've had reall good luck with email>Woodworkers Supply has them listed for $359.99US in their new winter 2004

Reply to
william kossack