Lee Valley optical center punch

Page 6 of 6
Charlie Self wrote:

Pro'ly true, but I tend to a speech that's rather more flowery than absolutely necessary because those are the first words that come into my head. I've always been that way. Back to first grade or so when I complained to the principal that "her hands descended from the sky like talons of fire and plowed furrows into my back" when some big female bully beat me up. Or so the story goes. That's not actually a first-hand memory, but I've heard it told so many times that I believe it. That principal still recognizes me 25 years later too.
Yeah, I got beaten up a lot. It wasn't until I learned how to say "ain't" once in awhile, and even drop in the occasional "we was" or "I knowed" that I was finally, blissfully able to camouflage myself and slip beneath everyone's radar.
It doesn't always work though. I forget. "We was comin' home yestidy, ah believe 't were 'round midnight, and one o' them telly fone poles rised up outta th' ground like an obelisk of darkest obsidian before us..."
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:02:44 GMT, "Bob Davis"
They're great - if you need one. Work really well for toolroom metalwork, but I've never needed to work wood to that accuracy. -- Klein bottle for rent. Apply within.