latest must have tool!

just makes you drool, doesn't it??
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&pQ633&cat=1,42936
oooh! oooh! I want TWO!!
I wonder if they make a left handed model - Robin??
Vic

great April Fool Joke....this is a classic!!! ....when I worked for Shopsmith one of the tool designers sent a fax to all the stores telling about the new Shopsmith key making machine that would be used on the Mark V. Even had part numbers and pricing. I believe he got several orders for the machines until they realized it was an April Fool Joke! Mike

Make sure you get one of those with the High Angle Blade option, for working with gnarly woods.
Patriarch
Mike in Mystic wrote:

I sure hope that's not just Photoshop - talk about a collector's piece.
Mike in Mystic wrote:

It kind of scares me.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, there's a 2nd page...
Barry

Now, that's just plain low. ;-)
todd
on 4/1/2005 1:36 PM Todd Fatheree said the following:

No, actually, was LAST year. It was a low plane.
Seriously, no joke. Look here:
<http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&pI588&cat=1,41182>
Thanks, I needed the laugh today.

Mike in Mystic wrote:

I just added it to my "Christmas Wish List"!
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I went to look, got hooked, and ended up with yet another $53.30 order. I put special instructions on it, too. "Make Rob personally hand-pack this order." That'll teach him to sucker me in like that, huh?
======================================================== The Titanic. The Hindenburg. + http://www.diversify.com The Clintons. + Website & Graphic Design ========================================================
Excellent!!
Mike in Mystic wrote:

I think it should be renamed the "Gatling Guage" --dave

Dave Jackson wrote:

:-)
That just goes to show you that when it comes to quality, "everything" Lee Valley does is dipped in it.
That one got a couple extra dippings.
UA100, who is also hoping it wasn't PhotoShop'd...
Mike in Mystic says...

The thing is, Veritas makes so many gadgets it was almost believable.
Indeed. Had me going for most of it til I saw the "Happy April 1" at the end, and the lack of a price.
Quality job though, to make their little bit of fun believeable.
Renata
On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 18:19:42 -0500, Hax Planks

I'd be happy if they would actually make a smaller one of these, even with less capability. It's a good basic idea, just too big, and not real.
--
Charley