He must have been doing it himself

Doctors report rare case of ?penile strangulation?

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

In article , whisky-dave writes

Well a power washer wouldn't be much use.

Reply to
bert

Graham.

Or a laser cutter, but I'd have thought a block of ice would have worked af ter all you know the saying "what goes up must come down".

Reply to
whisky-dave

Would they have used a medical "multimasrer" type tool?

says they won't cut flesh, I have to report I havn't tried to with my Work-zone, and anyway I don't possess a c*ck ring.

Reply to
Graham.

The whole cold shower libedo killing thing is a myth. It's a wonder how it ever started.

Reply to
Graham.

Depends on how long its been up!

Cross your legs[1] and watch:

[1] probably not voluntary anyway!
Reply to
John Rumm

Actually this is not uncommon. The usual treatment is ice so the errection reduces enough for removal.

Maybe this is just the Irish method, over kill.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I guess most jewellery is comparatively soft metal.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Using an angle grinder on a "titanium-based ring" must have produced a decent shower of sparks.

Reply to
Caecilius

In message , Caecilius writes

Hope he shaved his pubes, otherwise instant bonfire :-)

Reply to
Graeme

I think I'd try WD40 first.

Reply to
bert

The mistake that chap made with his 'poor chap' was in using a titanium ring. Titanium is a bugger to machine (and therefore cut) unlike brass, silver or gold (or even stainless steel).

It surprises me that the medics didn't think to use leeches which, just for once ISTM, would have been a valid choice to drain the excess of blood and deflate the erection. One has to wonder just how small a diameter of ring did this chap choose to use on his 'chap'?

Reply to
Johnny B Good

19th century technology strikes again

Too small.

Reply to
bert

Part of the difficulty I suspect that if you get swelling beyond that normally expected (i.e. things balloon up either side of the ring), even a "normal" deflating may not be enough to slide it off. Add to that the comment made in the video I linked above about how after 4 hours ischemia sets in, and the blood basically starts to clot. Its then often too thick to flow our via the normal mechanisms - and someone has to get stab happy with something pointy!

Reply to
John Rumm

They have oscillating "angle grinders" in the NHS. They're used for cutting away plaster casts. We used to get them in for repair from time to time.

Reply to
harry

Your knowledge of the subject is disturbing, John!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Not half as disturbing as the remedies suggested by the urologist in the video ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Would anyone here be stupid enough to use a titanium ring when they probably have some cable ties in the tools box?

Reply to
dennis

Velcro tape (cable tidy, double sided/self joining) would be a better bet. Not that I've thought too much about this application!

Reply to
Tim Watts