We know what you have been doing at home

Wondering what everyone is doing stuck at home? The county dump knows. They had a 30% increase in volume the past few weeks, much of it being building materials as people are renovating. Seems like a lot are finally getting rid of the excess they've been meaning to for a while.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

My life really hasn't changed. It turns out everything I do is essential.

Reply to
gfretwell

Good luck with that .. our landfill is closed for residential waste - commercial waste by appointment. Thrift Stores and Habitat Re-Store also closed. Otherwise a purge would be a good thing ! Curbside collection of waste and recycle isn't affected - but they do not take yard waste or large items. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Glad to hear it. Time should not go to waste.

Reply to
micky

The only thing that changed for me is it's very quiet at work. I'm not anxious to see the teleworkers start trickling back in.

Reply to
rbowman

Started taking yard waste in Waterloo last week. Still no large item pickup and they will NOT take construction debris

Reply to
Clare Snyder

They are still picking up everything here. No matter what I put out there, it is gone on the scheduled day. You just need to follow the rules. (making OSHA happy) They regulate bundle size and weight but they will still take a king size, deep mattress.

Reply to
gfretwell