--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 4/16/2012 11:44 AM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NQ563p_ozI&feature=my_favorites&list=FLGRqzwROXKuwmgZWgy5Ufqg

Introduction to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgbQWMuJb5w&feature=related

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
There's been something like that on the market for a while. I don't know if it was Lamello, but I did see something like that 5 or 6 years ago.
On 4/16/2012 12:44 PM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NQ563p_ozI&feature=my_favorites&list=FLGRqzwROXKuwmgZWgy5Ufqg

On 4/16/2012 1:27 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

I've seen something like that (on TV?) that was being shown as a way to do blind fastening of stair rails/balusters/posts. That must have been about the time period you mention.
On 4/16/2012 5:53 PM, John McGaw wrote:

Didn't bother to mention that Lamello's concept for woodwork was introduced in 2001 because I totally forgot for a second that the most important point of interest to the average woodworker on the wRec these days was who saw it first.
After all, gotta have something to proud of when it come to woodworking, eh?
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 4/16/2012 6:16 PM, Swingman wrote:

ROTFL

ROTFLMAO
On 4/16/2012 11:44 AM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NQ563p_ozI&feature=my_favorites&list=FLGRqzwROXKuwmgZWgy5Ufqg

Pretty cool and obviousely intended for the assembly to be disassembled.
Weeks or months later I wonder how one would remember where each connector is at. I wonder if the magnet detects the embedded piece much like a magnetic stud sensor.
On 4/16/2012 1:20 PM, Leon wrote:

I can only think of one use for my possible purposes at the moment ... a hidden recess in a wall panel for valuables, or your stash.
As far as the magnet, don't leave home without it. ;)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 4/16/2012 8:55 PM, JayPique wrote:

cabinets/bookshelves that wouldn't fit into the old elevators and were to big to even carry up the stairs fully assembled. So we shipped them mostly flat and used the INVIS thingies to assemble them. Pretty slick, but pretty fussy. That's cool, having first hand experience. How about stability, and did you get a sense of longevity? IOW, do you think they will last?
I've had a couple of small jobs where clients have wanted something that would have benefited from the technology.
Do your recall approximately what it added to the cost?
Thanks
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Monday, April 16, 2012 10:48:04 PM UTC-4, Swingman wrote:

Once we realized we had less wiggle room than we thought as far as hole alignment they worked very effectively - for our application. We were attaching finished sides to large bookcases, and the sides had stopped dados in them to house the shelves. So really they were only required to be stable in tension - which they did well. They snug up really tight - and my guess is that the ratcheting action could pull the threaded insert right out if you weren't careful. My guess is that that they will stay tight for many years, given the fixed nature of the cabinets.

I'd be interested in this type of thing that could be tightened in a different orientation - namely flat to a wall.

I think the kit cost ~$375 which included 20 fasteners. Each additional faster cost 5 bucks. So they aren't cheap. But they are fairly quick and easy to install, although I definitely recommend making a drilling jig versus just measuring and marking. This was part of a change order for us, so we billed the client. We were physically unable to get the assembled cabinets up to the 14th floor and into their condo!

On 4/18/2012 3:47 PM, JayPique wrote:

alignment they worked very effectively - for our application. We were attaching finished sides to large bookcases, and the sides had stopped dados in them to house the shelves. So really they were only required to be stable in tension - which they did well. They snug up really tight - and my guess is that the ratcheting action could pull the threaded insert right out if you weren't careful. My guess is that that they will stay tight for many years, given the fixed nature of the cabinets.

faster cost 5 bucks. So they aren't cheap. But they are fairly quick and easy to install, although I definitely recommend making a drilling jig versus just measuring and marking. This was part of a change order for us, so we billed the client. We were physically unable to get the assembled cabinets up to the 14th floor and into their condo! Thanks. A bit steep for a one-off, but solutions for tough problems usually are, and probably cheaper in the long run. In any event it sounds like they're sufficiently robust for the right application. I get lots of problem solving projects, so tucking this one away for future reference ... good to know, just that little bit of description shines a lot of light on appropriate use ... thanks for the feedback.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 4/16/2012 8:50 PM, Swingman wrote:

You mean like you Festools? ;~)

It would be my luck the thing/outside tool would break. LOL
On 4/17/2012 7:06 AM, Leon wrote:

Simple, buy a Makita track saw and use it as a spare key.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 4/17/2012 7:12 AM, Swingman wrote:

LOL....yeah that would not be a waste... Don't fo get the Makita shop vac! :~)

Heh heh heh. A 3# drilling hammah is much cheaper and can be used as a key for many more things.
I got the replacement track yesterday and it's much less bent than the first one. (actually nice and flat this time)

Why? I have one of the little ShopVac 5 gallon models with a nice cleanstream filter on it. Total cost about $55, and only about twice as loud as a CT 26. Now to see if it fits the Makita plunge saur dust port...newp. ShopVac 1.25od, Makita port 1.375id/1.5od. The large end is 2.3". Time for 2 adapters. One for the ShopVac (site work) and one for the 4" DC. Both will fit nicely inside the Maktainer which came with the saur. <bseg>
-- You can either hold yourself up to the unrealistic standards of others, or ignore them and concentrate on being happy with yourself as you are. -- Jeph Jacques
On 4/17/2012 7:12 AM, Swingman wrote:

On 4/17/2012 7:42 AM, Leon wrote:

You tell me. Are you seeing nothing in them? Your replies have nothing in them.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 4/16/2012 11:44 AM, Swingman wrote: