Lacquer under enamel?

Any problems I should expect with spray primer under oil enamel?

Reply to
Father Haskell

Enamel can go over lacquer just fine. Enamel bonds and covers. Lacquer melts or etches in and that's why it can't go over other finishes not compatible with it. Lacquer can't go over anything but lacquer, but enamel over lacquer is fine.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I learned while painting models that the order of paint should be "LEA": Lacquer, Enamel, Acrylic. As long as you keep it in this order, you shouldn't have any problems with a layer mangling a lower one.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner