Kreg Project CD

Folks I am new to this group but have been playing around with woodworking for awhile and just recently was given a Kreg Pocket Hole Jig. I am a 64 year old grandfather laid off from my job of 35 years and raising two grandkids so I am on a very limited income. I am interested in the Kreg Project CD and was wondering if anyone had purchased it and what they thought of it. I do not have money to waste so I am looking for advice from you experienced woodowrkers whether or not this is something I should try and purchase. Thanks guys for your help and allowing me to be part of yuour group.
Wheelterrapin

I am betting that you can find information on the jig at the local library and or searching Google. The jig is simple to use, I'd suggest experimenting and practicing. I have been using the Kreg jig for 10 + years and did not know a CD existed.

Thanks for the information.
Wheelterrapin
On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 22:07:28 -0600, Leon wrote:

Leon, they give away the CD (DVD?) showing how to use it - or at least they used to. What the OP is referring to is one showing projects that can be made using the jig.
I haven't watched it so don't know if it's worth the money or not.
Wheelterrapin wrote:

If you live near a Woodcraft store, drop in and ask if you can watch theirs in the store. (Which is what I did.)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I wish I did live near a Woodcraft Store but I don't. I live in North Central, Aarkansas. I appreciate the response.
Paul
If you Google "youtube Kreg master". You can view a really good tutorial on ththis system.
HTH
Bill
wrote:

I wish I did live near a Woodcraft Store but I don't. I live in North Central, Aarkansas. I appreciate the response.
Paul

Thanks Bill,
Paul
I've got the Kreg " Trim Carpentry" DVD and it's aimed squarely at the on-site bloke going round tarting places up after the plasterers have moved on. Interesting but not really hobbyist stuff.
I only heard about PH stuff fairly recently when a friend showed me some stuff he had done, I tried it and was immediately and completely hooked. With certain reservations,, this is the best thing since sliced bread.
At the time, I found this book useful. The Pocket Hole Drilling Jig Project Book
The projects are beginner friendly. and have full drawings and stock cutting info and yet are "basic building block" technique teachers that you can mutate into just about anything you like. The whole technique can really be summed up simply though - cut everything square, clamp components TIGHTLY together on a flat table before screwing.
Save the money for the DVD and if you haven't already got one, buy a cheap 'lectric mitre saw. If you can effortlessly turn out accurately square-cut sticks (of the right length,) you are pretty-well sorted.

(Amazon.com product link shortened)- Woodworking/dp/155870687
here're all the reviews

This has been my motto for life in general "clamp components TIGHTLY together on a flat table before screwing."
It can be a bit embarrasing if someone comes into the kitchen while you are doing this though.

I appreciate this information, I will go and check out this book. Thanks for the help.
Paul