Have a great new year, folks

It's like Ypres around here! Bloody whizz bangs flying everywhere. I celebrated with a bacon buttie and local cider champagne, and managed not to watch the gogglebox all night ( well, apart from a dvd ...)

Andy :-)

Reply to
andrewpreece

Not long to go until the bells calling in the new year, folks, so everyone have a great time. I'm off to get slightly inebriated now. :-)

Happy New Year to Everyone.

( Meaning of INEBRIATED from WordNet Dictionary

Definition: [adj] stupefied or excited by a chemical substance (especially alcohol); "a noisy crowd of intoxicated sailors"; "helplessly inebriated"

Synonyms: bacchanal, bacchanalian, bacchic, beery, besotted, bibulous, blind drunk, blotto, boozy, carousing, crocked, doped, drugged, drunk, drunken, fuddled, half-seas-over, high, hopped-up, intoxicated, loaded, mellow, narcotised, narcotized, orgiastic, pie-eyed, pissed, pixilated, plastered, potty, slopped, sloshed, smashed, soaked, sottish, soused, sozzled, squiffy, stiff, stoned, tiddley, tiddly, tight, tipsy, wet

Antonyms: sober )

Reply to
BigWallop

Bloody fireworks you mean :-(

Anyway, happy new year :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes - my dog (Gromit) goes ballistic with fireworks especially late at night. He's not frightened by them, but wants to go out to watch all the excitement(?).

Whatever happened to good old first-footing, with salt, coal, and a bit of (cash-type) silver?

Lang may yer lum reek (as they say a bit north of here)!

Reply to
Frank Erskine

T'was cake, (food) coal (heat) and whisky (drink) when I were a lad.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Frank Erskine" wrote | >Bloody fireworks you mean :-( | Yes - my dog (Gromit) goes ballistic with fireworks especially late at | night. He's not frightened by them, but wants to go out to watch all | the excitement(?).

Aww. I don't mind fireworks at midnight but do mind the t^at who buzzed my flat intercom at 3.30 a.m.

| Whatever happened to good old first-footing, with salt, coal, and a | bit of (cash-type) silver?

high blood pressure, central heating and paypal are killing off all the old traditions.

| >Anyway, happy new year :-) | Lang may yer lum reek (as they say a bit north of here)!

I wonder if Tesco will have any steak pies for 12 reduced for quick sale tomorrow...

Owain

Reply to
Owain