tool chest photos

I've posted a couple photos of a tool chest I recently built to ABPW. It is based on Chris Marshalls design from the May/June issue of Woodworker's Journal.

Reply to
lenhow

You did a nice job!

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Thanks

Reply to
lenhow

That, to me, is a nice application of the highly over-rated dovetail. Looks great here, unlike those one finds all over the place for no apparent reason. Nice!

Reply to
Robatoy

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Can you say that about a tool chest? Great Job. I like the use of the Dove Tails. It is not over done

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Please post a link.

Thanx

Reply to
KIMOSABE

Posted on ABPW as well as more here...

lenhow

Great job, Lenny. I think the part I like the best is the fact it not only looks great, but is isn't a piece of furniture that is really just for show. It actually looks like you could use it!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

here...

>>> Lenny

Thanks Robert,

Oh I do use it ... every day. The original plan didn't call for the handles ... I HAD to add them because I take this into work

every week and bring it home to my shop on the weekends. Still haven't figured out what I want to put in it and where but even so it's pretty hefty.

Lenny

Reply to
lenhow

NICE!

I like the curly oak.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Thanks. There is a story behind that oak. I purchased it about 10 years ago when I worked for myself. Customer (a relative) wanted an entertainment center. Traveled an hour to hand select the wood, paid cash, got word a few days later that they had found just what they wanted at a chain store. Now it has a home and will be a constant reminder of yet another reason why I no longer work for myself.

Lenny

Reply to
lenhow