kreg Jig screws , anything else you can use?

Just wondering if there is another brand of the pocket hole screws around, instead of the kreg brand.
bdeditch (in snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com) said:
| Just wondering if there is another brand of the pocket hole screws | around, instead of the kreg brand.
Sure. Check out McFeelys. You can also use #7 and #8 pan head screws that you can buy from many hardware vendors.
Mcfeely's sells them.

I tried their regular pocket screws and ended up returning them; the Kregs fit a LOT better in the holes.
However, their Powermax screws work great.
I wonder what the OP's reason for something different. I use the Kreg screws with complete satisfaction. Never really felt the need to look elsewhere.
writes:

CW wrote:

Dave
Nothing wrong with trying to get the most for your money though they couldn't be that expensive. I don't even know how much a box of Kreg screws cost. I just bought some about three days ago. Obviously cheap enough that it didn't make an impression. He could, of course, be using hundreds. In that case, cost would be a bigger factor.

Not cherap just sometimes hard to find around here. David wrote:

Maybe he can't find them where he lives? Can't find Kreg, or any other flathead wood screw here in Spain. So I use all purpose wood metal screws with flat heads. They work so so.
John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain
No I can find them, its just seems that you can always find a "NoName" Brand that works just as good. But looking at the one post it seems the best way to go is with the Kreg ones. snipped-for-privacy@arrakis.es wrote:

Well all you have to remember is two things it needs to be a wood screw and it needs a flat head or is it "shoulder" Not one of the sloped style that self recesses.

Yes there are but IIRC Kregs are the cheapest. At least the last time I checked.