Kick down wheel thoughts and examples

I'm building a cabinet for my new Delta 36-444 TS (I'm sooo happy I don't have to use the crapsman anymore), and I'm trying to figure out how to build it with casters that can kick down and make it mobile. When it's stationary, I want it to sit on legs so the wheels don't flat spot if it sits a while.

Does anyone know of any visual examples or plans for workbenches,etc on wheels with a similar feature?

Tillman

Reply to
tillius

Head to a Home Depot and check out the caster system (Herc-U-Lift), on a Ridgid tablesaw.

Reply to
Greg Neill

Reply to
nospambob

Did this on my router table...

make a 1X4 frame around the base. Attach the casters in pairs to 2 other 1X4's. Mount to the 1X4 frame using spring hinges so that they spring to the down position. To take the saw off of the casters, lift up one side, and use your foot to flip the caster board up. To put it back on casters, lift the table, the casters will spring back into position.

Cheap and simple.

Reply to
Jay

I welded 2" wheels onto the end of a 2' piece of angle iron. I then drilled a hole in the end of the angle iron and a corresponding hole in the saw base (actually I welded up an angle iron "square" for the saw to sit on) and just used a sholder bolt for a pivot point. When I want the wheels I just step on the end of the angle iron which pulls the wheels down and raises the back of the saw. A short bolt works well to hold the angle iron with the wheels down.

" snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
Jim