Keeperpro for Windows

Thinginventory. You

Nope not free anymore. You have to subscribe to that utility download service to get the file.

Reply to
Leon

i video tape my stuff and talk into the mike as i tape it. granted im not up to the minute but who ever would be.

but i see your point. and it didnt sound like the op had that in mind.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

The thing that always bothered me about programs like that, as nice as some of them are, is that I lose them.

In other words, I get the program, lose the install package, buy a new PC or lose a hard disc, and can't find or download the original install package. Usually, the program uses a proprietary database, so I can't open the database once I get the data files onto the new PC or drive.

Since I've started using basic databases or spreadsheets to keep track of finances, projects, tools, bike rides, etc... I've never had that problem. The data may not be as pretty to view, but I'm pretty sure SOMETHING will open the file 5 years from now.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

if you're willing to buck the price and learning curve, filemaker may be what you want. insanely powerful, been around long enough to have good support and lotsa addons. with a bit of dinking aboutit can be made to open *any* database, and it isn't going away.

Reply to
bridger