Keeperpro for Windows

Wouldn't it be just as easy to keep it in a spreadsheet? I have a spreadsheet with the make, model, serial number, date purchased, hyperlink to the manual, and a link to the scanned receipt. I organize the spreadsheets by location such as workbench or toolbox, for example one sheet the plastic wheeled one that holds all my cordless stuff and their batteries and chargers.

Reply to
Eugene

What if you didn't buy the tool from ebay? I've bought plenty from ebay, but also from Sears, Lowes, Home depot, etc.

nice spreadsheet, word processor, etc all for free.

Reply to
Eugene

Microsoft Works isn't a part of any version of Windows so it won't matter how late of a version of windows he's running.

Reply to
Eugene

Have any of you heard of, or are using this program for keeping info on your tool collections or other collections? Saw it on ebay this morning and downloaded a demo but haven't had a chance to fool with it much.

Reply to
Paul O.

Usually only on some lines. The latitude's for example don't come with it, or he could have had a pc built by a local builder.

Reply to
Eugene

That would work, but I don't have a spreadsheet. This program downloads photos and you can import the full page w/photos from ebay of the item you bought. Price paid, shipping and total cost supposedly goes in automatically. Anyway, I gotta play more with the demo.

Reply to
Paul O.

If you are using a relative late version of Windows, you may have a spread sheet program in Microsoft Works.

Reply to
Leon

This is true except Many major computer builders offer the Works package for no extra charge. In the early 3.1 years this was not normally included. However my Compaq with 95 and Dell with 98 and 2 Dells with XP all included Works for no extra charge.

Reply to
Leon

Many spreadsheets will now accept a photo in a cell.

It's amazing what can be done with "the killer app!"

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

If not, it's only $29 for the whole shebang here:

If you or your spouse happen to be enrolled in school, are a teacher, or a college professor, there are places that offer massive educational discounts on serious software. Be prepared to fax a paystub, ID card, report card, etc... as proof of status.

Also, some discount houses often offer office packages from Corel, Microsoft, Lotus, etc... as full, legal previous version packages at killer discounts.

A spreadsheet and some user knowledge really can make a whole lot of other apps almost meaningless, for one price!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

...or for the time/effort of downloading and installing, you can get an entire office suite for any platform:

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

I'll second that. I've been using it for, well about 5 years and two name changes. The current version, I can't find a thing that anyone with MS Office can't make that I can't open & display as intended.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Thanks for the link, just downloaded it and will check it out.

Reply to
Paul O.

Reply to
Paul O.

An excellent office suite, but there are difficulties with some spreadsheet compatibility, depending on depth of programming: Macros for example. However, that's a common problem between all spreadsheets. Another problem is lack of security from one to the other, or within itself. A "protected" OOo spreadsheet can lose all of its protection by "inserting" apage form one into another. Some early Excel sheets lost theirs being opened into Quattro Pro ...and so on.

There are several other incompatibility problems, discussed at length in their forums. However, a good rule of thumb is to start with OOo and have no problems. I redid a lot of my spreadsheets, only a few transferring entirely, but redoing solved any problems [and gave a second look to neat them up a bit.]

I've been saying for years about the power of the spreadsheet, and posted a compound miter calculation sheet a while back in the alt binaries newsgroup.

Bill.

Reply to
Bill Rogers

Yeah... Well It was a thought... Most people do not realize that Works has a spread sheet in it.

Reply to
Leon

seems absolutely pointless to me. time would be better spent using the tools instead of looking at pictures... what you paid for them in the past has nothing to do with what they are worth to someone else, right now (despite what some people seem to think) so thats useless information. at best you will dwell on the ones you paid too much for.

it just seems silly.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

OK. Tell that to your insurance adjuster after a fire or theft.

Charlie Self "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Reply to
Charlie Self

PC Mag has a nice (free) program to track inventories called Thinginventory. You can attach a photo and a replacement cost to each item. Good for insurance purposes.

Neal

Reply to
Neal

"Neal" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com: