JUST ONCE.....

Page 3 of 7
On 1/24/2012 2:03 PM, Han wrote:

Basically, if your coin flips heads twenty times in a row, disregard "maturity of chances" as the basis for future bets, and go with the obviously sufficient evidential probability that the coin is somehow influenced in that direction. :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

I like that idea. They got rich because they fixed the rules ... (ducking)
--
Best regards
Han
On 1/23/2012 5:03 PM, Jack wrote:

As an employer, I'd take your $72k for 8 incidents any day over a jury award of $1.5 million for each incident ... $12,000,000, or over 1300 times the price.
:)
- www.eWoodShop.com Last update: 4/15/2010 KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious) http://gplus.to/eWoodShop
On 1/23/2012 5:49 PM, Swingman wrote:

Ryobi just learned that lesson.

You mean they aren't appealing that decision? That is a crime against humanity, and an undeserved plum for Gass.
--
Best regards
Han
On 1/24/2012 7:48 AM, Han wrote:

Like it or not, that is the US law system. If it had been a "frivolous" suit, you could countersue, I think. IANAL!!!
Btw, I like the system in other countries, where you can be forced to pay the expenses of the winner of a suit, if the winner is the defendant. But that doesn't apply here (yet?).
--
Best regards
Han
On 1/24/2012 8:26 AM, Han wrote:

On paper that sounds good but jurys are paid off every where and big business has more money to spend than you or I. We may not be able to afford to be in the right.

There are law systems without juries that work just as well as those with ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 1/23/2012 6:49 PM, Swingman wrote:

As an individual user with 50 years of no incidents under my belt, I'll take 3 new pickup trucks over $72,000 wasted in false trips.
LUCKY you!
Make sure you cancel your auto insurance and cut off the seat belts too.
- "Jack" wrote in message As an individual user with 50 years of no incidents under my belt, I'll take 3 new pickup trucks over $72,000 wasted in false trips.
On 1/24/2012 9:39 AM, Jack wrote:

Tick tock, be careful Jack.

Just one question Jack. How will you show your face here if you chop one of your fingers off? How will you ever live down the shame?
Sorry, that's two questions. Feel free to answer one or both. :)
We'll be watching for new nicknames with missing strings of letters in the text.
------------ "Dave" wrote in message
Just one question Jack. How will you show your face here if you chop one of your fingers off? How will you ever live down the shame?
Sorry, that's two questions. Feel free to answer one or both. :)

The big difference, is that I wouldn't have been spouting my mouth off beforehand, about how it's never going to happen to me.
That's the big difference between you and me. You flaunt your arrogance and "it will never happen to me" attitude with every line of text you post. That kind of presumed 'specialness' makes people watch you for your inevitable screwup.
On 1/26/2012 9:04 PM, Dave wrote:

Not to worry, masters of the universe tend to not divulge problems when they happen so as far as we know they may or may not have any digits right now. LOL
About 25 years ago when I worked in an automobile dealership we had a loud mouth, had an answer for everything know it all, been there done that, had it better, had it worse, et., 22 year old mechanic. You know the type? ;~)
Anyway another mechanic had a technical difficulty with lowering a vehicle down from an above ground lift. Oddly the lift arm on one side began lowering before the other and they became racked, no pun intended. The lift would neither lower or raise until the weight was removed from the lower side. The big mouth mechanic mentioned no less that 10 ways to resolve the situation, none of which were used. I called our wrecker in to lift one end of the vehicle enough to relieve the tension on the lower rack and long story short the car came down with out mayhem. Immediately and almost at the top of his voice the loud mouth mechanic started taking credit for the resolution repeating how it all went down to all of us that were there, like we could not comprehend what just happened.
During his yammering he turned around to go back to his stall and but kept looking back at us. The moment he turned his head to watch where he was going he walked squarely into another lift arm which resulted in a nice red knot on his fore head. He did shut up for a moment. LOL Weeks later as he was retelling the story to some one that did not witness his accomplishment, he left out the detail of his close encounter with the adjacent lift.

<g> Which is when someone should have reached over and thumped himwith a thumb/middlefinger thwack, right on the knot, saying "Forgot something!"
-- Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything. -- George Lois
On 1/27/2012 7:58 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Which is, in fact, precisely what his parents failed to do in his formative years. :)
It's endemic to the particular culture ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
------------ "Swingman" wrote in message

Which is, in fact, precisely what his parents failed to do in his formative years. :)
It's endemic to the particular culture ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 1/27/2012 8:12 AM, Leon wrote:

So, do you wear a NASCAR approved crash helmet when you ride in a car, or do you think you are master of the universe, completely ignoring the thousands and thousands and thousands of deaths and injuries that could be prevented/minimized with just a simple preventive measure.

Yeah, the type that if the government doesn't force them to wear a NASCAR approved crash helmet when riding in a car, they won't wear one, because they think they are masters of the universe.
I assume you ran out and bought a SS to make sure you keep all your fingers, right, or are you a master?
--
Jack