Joining kitchen worktops?

OK, so I have the beech worktops and I have borrowed the worktop jig from a buddy, along with the 'kitchen fitter' router bits (and I have a router).

Problem: no instructions with the jig and I'm not very bright when it comes to stuff like this!

Can anyone point me to help, or give me help, on how to set this jig up, and what sort of joint I should be using for a right angle meeting of the 2 tops?

I searched the archive using various combinations of jig-worktop-kitchen-joining etc but am still stuck.

As always, your help and guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards Andy

beveridges