Kitchen worktops

I have had my birch wood worktops cut professionally. Two questions:

1 What should I use for glue - PVA or normal wood glue? 2 Do the bolts have to be left in after fixing?

Davis, Manchester.

Reply to
David

PVA and "normal wood glue" (which is normally water soluble)are not a very good choice because any water leaking down would tend to make it give way.

A good choice is Evostik Timebond, which is a contact adhesive having a delay to allow some movement of pieces before bonding.

Yes, definitely. It's also a good idea to use some beech biscuits fitted using a biscuit jointer or special cutter in a router to cut the slots. This will give very good vertical alignment to create a smooth surface joint that won't move.

Reply to
Andy Hall