JDS Dust Force or Harbor Freight dust collector?

I'm looking into buying my first dust collector (small garage shop, one tool at a time).
The 2HP Harbor Freight DC seems to get good reviews, but it only has a 30 micron bag, and I've read reports that it can be loud? It also doesn't appear it can be rewired for 220V. Also, I don't have a lot of confidence in Harbor Freight products.
I just ran across the JDS 1-1/2 HP Dust Force. It has a 1 micron bag, and the reviews I have read seem to indicate it is fairly quiet.
The JDS is only about $100 more from Amazon, but by the time I pay shipping on the HF and buy a better bag, there's not a huge price difference.
Opinions?
Thanks,
Anthony

I have the HF dust collector and think it is well worth the sale price. As for the bags, I still have the bags on it that it came with and don't have a problem with dust. It seems to me the bags do a good job of filtering the dust. Greg

I had a Jet with 30 micron bags. You could see the dust pouring out of them. They do filter the dust (from the larger debris), but I am not sure why that would be desirable.
If that is all that fits your budget, look for a used DC. I had a 2hp with canister for sale for several months for $225 and couldn't sell it; people probably thought it was overpriced compared to the HF. So I have it dedicated to my lathe.

I don't know anything about the Jet, but I've been using the HF DC unit for 3 or 4 years now and it works well for me.. The bags seem to work fine.. My shop has lots of natural light and I've never seen dust from the bags in a sunbeam or whatever..
The main addition I'd recommend to it, and probably any DC you get, is the DC muffler from PSI... It really quieted the unit down... My shop has 10' ceilings and ceramic tile floors, so you can imagine how load things are in there.. but after adding the muffler, you can talk to someone without yelling again.. ahhhh
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/sup1000.html
OH.. as to the 30 micron bags.... I use the Jet air filter that is something like 1 micron on the ceiling over the DC and it very seldom needs filter cleaning, (I'm working in the shop every day), so the bags work fine for me, I guess..YMWV
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I've been looking at that JDS Dust-Force. It looks excellent, relatively small, easy to empty, and comes from a company with a good reputation for quality. If there's that little difference in price, I'd go for the JDS.