It took longer than I expected, but I finally finish my shuffleboard table.
(Pictures are posted at ABPW.)
It is 14' overall with a 12'6" playing surface. The table is made from
Maple and Walnut, both solid and veneer. I used Hackberry for the frame.
The main challenge was designing a frame and playing surface that I could
get it into the basement, but maintain rigidity after it is assembled. The
purchased plans were designed for the frame and playing surface to be
complete sections. However, this would have resulted in the frame being too
big and the playing surface being too long and heavy to fit them through the
windows or down the stairs.
I finally decided to build it as two equal sections with a joint in the
middle of the frame and the playing surface. So far; so good. The climatic
adjusters are maintaining a level surface, and the frame and surface joints
have not experienced any noticeable uneven movement.
I used sliding dovetail joints to join the frames cross members and pocket
holes to join the side rails and ends to the frame.
Overall, I am pleased with the outcome, and the wife is happy too, as we can
get our vehicles back in the garage for winter. Hopefully, the winter
projects will be a smaller scale. :)