Its a great shame

That even though I had swatted the fool posting all the yenc / rar / stupid rubbish, I have also had to swat a few regulars, due to the extraordinary amount of re-quoting, lecturing and pontificating.

Its the only way to distill down to some form of normality, but I fail to understand why people who have used newsgroups for more than 6 months don't realise they should just leave it alone. I have found the commentry and attacks, some obviously just for the purpose of baiting and name calling, pathetic, and more disruptive than the original twit.

The break point was this morning finding yet another 160k yenc/rar QUOTED back to the twit with a one liner again attached abusing OP.

Please stop.

Obligatory WW Content - I am chewing on my pencil as I type.

Mike

Brisbane Orstraylier

Reply to
Mike Richardson

I must have missed it. Who was the dumbass?

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

What the hell are you babbling about?

Reply to
Toller

The troll you intended to feed is not posting in this group.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Reply to
tom

He's talking about a dumbass posting in abpw, not here. (Sorry for stating the obvious... Any well behaved news server won't allow binaries into the wRECk.)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Real identity unknown to me, (the actual troll), but the quoted back message was indeed in ABPW, as Dave pointed out - I just thought my "sounding off" was more appropriate here, as it was about the problem in both newsgroups. More bandwidth is wasted by people like me bleating about it, and quoting it back than the actual cause. Its redundant - and I should have kept my mouth shut - but as I had filtered him out, it was frustrating to have people who I WANT to see quoting and commenting on him/her/it, and then realisticly I either have to plonk them, or still wade thru crap like what I am typing here to get to the good stuff, (Like Dave's simple solution to knife rack.)

The thread that set me of the edge was about re-posting Woodworks DVD, the full message inc big yenc/rar'd attachment quoted back with one liner, by a person that I did NOT want to plonk.

I don't think I am explaining my angst correctly - will go run some treated pine thru my planer as punishment.

Have a good >> That even though I had swatted the fool posting all the yenc / rar / >> stupid

Reply to
Mike Richardson

You need to understand the Standard Advice.

Ignore.

Killfile.

Help others to do the same.

By attempting to "explain your angst" you accomplish nothing. Were you to do it in abpw, you would only serve to titillate the troll who is flooding that binary group.

And nothing else.

Ignore.

Killfile.

Help others to do the same.

Standard Advice.

See also "Formosa's Law", "Long September" and "The Year September Never Ended".

Reply to
Dave Balderstone