Introduction

OK, I have been lurking in here for about a month, and responded to a post about clipped head nails. Since I now feel comfortable posting, I had better introduce myself.
I am a contractor in the central TX area. I am a small operation and do alot of my own work, still. I mostly do repairs and remodeling with a bit of new construction thrown in. I have been in the construction business for about 35 years now, if you count the part time work in high school, and longer if you count the jobs I did with my father.
I do a lot of cabinets, both new and repairs. I have been doing more of this kind of work, and since I like to learn as much as possible about everything, I have come to this NG to continue my education. If I have any answers I will be glad to provide them at no additional charge.
You guys seem to know what you are talking about in here. Good work!
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
"Robert Allison" wrote in message ...

Welcome, Robert. Except for the repairs and remodeling, sounds like we do some of the same things. Among other things, I build about a house a year (GC), and occasionally do the cabinet work as well, just to keep my hand in.
It is a crisp, bright and beautiful morning here in Houston. The womenfolk are still in bed, but the turkey is in the oven, the dirty rice dressing is cooking on the stove, the giblets are simmering away, and the house is taking on the aroma of Thanksgiving.
Have a good Thanksgiving Day, and good weather to go with it, for a couple of days at least. I've got a framing crew starting on Monday and it looks like rain ... of course.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04
Robert Allison wrote:

<snip>
Hi Robert and welcome aboard. I look forward to your input.
Welcome aboard Robert. There are many folks here who REALLY know what they're talking about. Their advice should be appreciated and taken seriously. I'm not one of them, but I enjoy participating anyway.
Robert Allison wrote:

Just remember that the *spackle* goes on BEFORE painting the cherry armoire. Anybody whose company is called "Rimshot, Inc." has to be OK. Welcome Bob.     mahalo,         jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

Our motto: Rimshot,...a SOUND construction company!
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Robert Allison wrote: