Interesting table

My wife and I stayed at a golf resort over the weekend. We don't golf, but the location was convenient to an area we wanted to explore and the place was historic and interesting. The grounds were lovely as well. I took photos of a few pieces of furniture that caught my eye, especially a massive, tall, round table.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguarino/21929690848/in/album-72157659769198261/
The uprights appear to be joined to the base with pegged mortise and tenon joints. I'm wondering how the two base pieces are joined to each other; perhaps a half-lap?
Greg Guarino wrote:

That's what it looks like.
On 10/13/2015 9:10 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

If not half-lap, it should be.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Thanks for sharing, the old stuff was the best.
On 10/16/2015 9:41 PM, OFWW wrote:

That base looks strong enough to support a big drill press.