golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

found in woodworking newsgroup

John and Helen met while on vacation, and John fell head over heels in love with her. And, after a couple of weeks in which John took Helen out to various dance clubs, restaurants, concerts, etc., he was convinced that it was true love.

So.....on the last night of his vacation, the two of them went to dinner and had a serious talk about how the relationship would continue. "It's only fair to warn you, I'm a total golf nut," John said to his new-found lady friend... "I eat, sleep and breathe golf, so if that's going to be a problem, you'd better say so now!"

Helen took a deep breath and responded: "Since we're being honest with each other, here goes ..... you need to know that I'm a hooker." "I see," John replied. "That's a problem, for sure." He spent some time looking down at the table, deep in thought.

Then he said, "You know, it's probably because you're not keeping your wrists straight when you tee off."

Reply to
Duane

Gosh Duane! I this internet thing kinds baffling to you?

Reply to
Leon

Leon

Yes I seem to confuse easily these days!! I am a lurker in the group and when I saw this I thought I would send it to a golfer friend of mine but failed to switch to the inbox to send the note and inadvertently sent it out here. I am using Thunderbird for both mail and newsgroup reader. Too many other things going on yesterday. Having said that I am sure I will make similar mistakes in the future.

Le> Gosh Duane! I this internet thing kinds baffling to you?

Reply to
Duane

LOL, we all make mistakes! I am probably the worst and by far probably the worst spellinger. ;~)

I trust you golfer friend eventually got the message.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote

Spellinger?? Is that a word?

Oh...., never mind...

I remember fondly a pun filled thread about "hoof and loop" paper. And the funny thing about that, I had just seen a special on TV about some ambitious recycling projects in Texas. Sooooo....., I thought that this fabled hoof and loop paper may have been a product of a Texas recycling project.

Reply to
Lee Michaels