INSPIRATION - Couples Urn

http://www.mhp-urns.com/items.php/companion_urn_rosetta.html
I think that would be kind of creepy, having that around, only half full of ashes, and knowing one day you'd be suppying the other half. My choice is still getting my ashes shot out of a muzzle-loading cannon.
J T wrote:

This is creepy and the price isn't cheerful either. BTW Ft. Washington on the Potomac still fires a muzzle-loading cannon (brass) a couple of times a year. Instead of making or buying a fancy box you should befriend a few of the boys at the park and make arrangements for getting yourself packed in for a trip. It would be illegal but I bet you'd like that all the more.
Josie
firstjois wrote:

only
other
Washington on

times a

few of

packed in

more.
Would it be illegal? Not if you're cremated in ADVANCE of being stuffed down the muzzle I should think.
Sounds like a blast to me....
--

FF

Wed, Feb 16, 2005, 9:50am snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (firstjois) claims: <snip> It would be illegal but I bet you'd like that all the more.
At that stage in the game It wouldn't worry me either way. However, even though I believe in reincarnation, I believe I would prefer my ashes much further away from politicians.
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 02:14:12 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

I find the whole idea of having a box full of some ones ashes sitting around the house rather puzzling. When the body is dead it's dead. Cremate it, bury it, compost it - whatever. If you want to remember them get a nice portrait painted and build a good frame. I've met people who have 2 or 3 urns around their house with parents and pets in them. It doesn't really strike me as creepy, just puzzling. I like your cannon idea, although I kind of favor mailing the box of ashes to a nonexistent address without a return address, so that they end up in the dead letter office.... ba-ba-ching!
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Kinda gives a whole new meaning to: "Going out with a bang." Nic

My choice is still getting my ashes shot out of a muzzle-loading cannon.
SHOOTER1 wrote:

Which gives a whole new meaning to the term 'getting your ashes hauled'
--RC

But cremation can be so much easier than getting a nice, tight mitered joint. Or, is death of a loved one the latest excuse to buy a new tool. "Honey, my favorite uncle Al just died. I'm goin' out to buy a miter trimmer."

Works for me...