What kind of fitting is that?

Hi,

This is the underside of my washing macine and I'm wondering what is the proper attachment for the hose that goes on there? It's close to

1/2" but it is not compression. Is it the type of connection that takes pipe dope?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Fude

Teflon tape will work.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

looks like pipe thread. either pipe dope or teflon tape would be indicated here.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Without being able to see the end of the fitting, it could be a compression fitting. There are two types that I have seen. They will not interchange. That is if you have one type, the nut will not match the threads of the other type. The one that you have probably has a more squared off hole where the water goes through instead of the more tapered type that is more common. Best bet is to remove the one you have and get a new one that matches the pipe you want to use.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Why did the other two posters think it was pipe thread. How does one tell from a picture?

Reply to
Aaron Fude

That looks like a standard 3/8"MIP-3/8"compression dishwasher elbow. They make steel braided dishwasher hoses up to 5 feet at your local home center, and they usually come with a new elbow attached.

Reply to
Mikepier

Why did the other two posters think it was pipe thread. How does one tell from a picture?

The threads suggested that to me.

Reply to
Bob F

.

This is a 3/8ths compression to 3/8ths pipe thread part that goe.s in the machine fitting if you use braided line from fluidmaster you don;t need tape or dope on it very common method of hookup

Reply to
jim