Outdoor faucets and cold weather

It is around 26 degree and I need to put water in my pool to support the cover as a leak we are chasing has lowered the level. I am assuming that I can safely put a hose to an outdoor faucet and let it rip as long as I have a continuous stream of water running. I will of course, take the off as soon as I am done. AmI right?

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

on 12/6/2008 11:32 AM Kurt Ullman said the following:

As long as there is no frozen water left over in the hose you are going to use, it will be OK. I usually keep one of the hoses coiled up in my attached garage in case I have to use it in the winter.

Reply to
willshak

You aml right

Just be sure to disconnect the hose and turn the water off. If you have a frost free faucet that is all you have to do. If it is a regular sill c*ck. turn the water to it off inside the house too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It has been out in the garage and I brought into the house for an hour just to make sure. Thankls.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

If you turn it off in the house then it is probably okay to leave the outside faucet open. Any water left in it will drip out instead of freezing in the pipe from the outdoor faucet to the indoor shutoff valve. Richard

Reply to
rgoldste