Industrial Furniture Guides/Levelers Needed

I am having trouble locating some large, industial furniture glides. There are a million sources on the web, but most are for average, light duty furniture. And the big industrial houses I have found have some expensive minimum order requirements.
Here is what is being built. A large circular, metal workstation (s) for many flat panel displays. At least fifty of them. The whole structure is being built out of 2 X 2 metal tubing. I am making the (wood) circular keyboard shelf for this monster.
The glides have to be bigger than the tubing. I would prefer they be at least three inches in diamater. The have to be levelers as well, so they need to be threaded into something. The hard part is that they have to be mounted onto HORIZONTAL tubing. Most glides and levelers are mounted into holders that insert into the end of the tubing.
This whole project looks very industrial. So the finish probably doesn't matter that much.
So I am asking help with two things.
1) Anybody know of any sources of large, industrial leveler/glides that can be easily purchased in reasonable quantities?
2) Any suggestions for mounting these things on the SIDE of 2 X 2 tubing? We will weld a nut into a hole if we have to. But would rather go to something quicker and more elegant than this approach.
Lee Michaels wrote:

Well, you could use something like this, but they only have 1 1/4 feet.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=1&pA865&cat=3,40993,41283&ap=1
Chris

The feet need to be much bigger.
Lee Michaels (in snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com) said:
| So I am asking help with two things. | | 1) Anybody know of any sources of large, industrial leveler/glides | that can be easily purchased in reasonable quantities? | | 2) Any suggestions for mounting these things on the SIDE of 2 X 2 | tubing? We will weld a nut into a hole if we have to. But would | rather go to something quicker and more elegant than this approach.
Lee...
Take a look at the levelers shown on http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/RAS_Table.html , which should come fairly close to filling the bill.
They work well as levelers; and after I replaced the socket head cap screws with button head cap screws they look a lot "sleeker".
said:

That won't work. I have specific orders to make the leveler floor surface much bigger.
If I was going to make something to put in a shop, it would work. But this peice will most likely be installed on carpet.
Lee Michaels (in dpSdnVWd-pJdVQjenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com) said:
| said: || ||| So I am asking help with two things. ||| ||| 1) Anybody know of any sources of large, industrial leveler/glides ||| that can be easily purchased in reasonable quantities? ||| ||| 2) Any suggestions for mounting these things on the SIDE of 2 X 2 ||| tubing? We will weld a nut into a hole if we have to. But would ||| rather go to something quicker and more elegant than this ||| approach. || || Lee... || || Take a look at the levelers shown on || http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/RAS_Table.html , which should come fairly || close to filling the bill. || || They work well as levelers; and after I replaced the socket head || cap screws with button head cap screws they look a lot "sleeker". || | | That won't work. I have specific orders to make the leveler floor | surface much bigger. | | If I was going to make something to put in a shop, it would work. | But this peice will most likely be installed on carpet.
Aha. If you'd like me to make 'em for you, I can deliver similar - slightly larger bodies to handle 5/8" x up to 6" threaded adjustment - with 3.187" nylon pads in a zinc-plated steel foot. Max load per foot is 500#. Does this come close?
said:

Thanks for the offer Morris, but Charlie b's contact is even better than what I was looking for.
Bottom of this page
http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/MT/CBbench20.html
You can find these and other leg levelers at www.cal-fasteners.com/leveling-mounts.html.
The allen head versions of the leveling legs are identified as BR or Broach heads.
Cal-Fasteners' phone number is 714-851-1715 - ask for Herb and tell him what you're application requirements are.
$100 minimum order
charlie b

Thank you charlie, Looks very good. Being able to adjust from above would be a super time saver for this application.
I scrwed up above by saying I wanted to side mount these things. I was thinking of the tubing and not the finished piece.
I need to bottom mount these levelers. I will look over this site and figure something our. Again, I can always weld in a nut if I have to. One suggestion I have recieve is to simply weld the nut to small pieces of flat stock. The drill a big hole out with a hole saw. Then slip the flat peice in the end of the tube. Then weld the flat in.
I am sitll looking for something I could buy and just install.
Try McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com) and do a search for leveling mounts. They have a number of types available, and they ship quickly and accurately. Many industrial maintenance departments use them for machinery supplies. Not the cheapest, but fair pricing on good quality materials.
--Jim

There
can
We
something
Look at machine tool dealers. Leveling feet. Available to hold tons.

There
can
We
something

I have never really looked at the machinery and industrial versions of these things. One thing I found was that they actually make welding nuts. These are like regular nuts except they don't have any regular sides. Just a blob with two chunks off to the side to weld onto your stock.
This will be much easier to weld onto the bottom of the tubing than regular nuts. And I can mount my leveling feet into them.