In our fondest dreams ...

Page 5 of 9
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:57:05 -0500, the infamous "Lee Michaels"

IF you can find land which isn't saturated with PCBs, poisons, oil, gasoline, or heavy metals. Would _you_ eat their produce? =:-0
-- Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven. Gee, ain't religion GREAT?
"Dave Balderstone" wrote:

That's VERY old news.
Came as a direct result of the Detroit race riots of the 60s.
Whitey fled to the burbs in mass leaving a dust trail behind after the riots.
Ask somebody, "Where you from?", and they would answer "burb name of choice", never "Detroit".
East side of Cleveland was abandoned in the same way after the 60s riots there.
Still abandoned when I left 20 years ago.
Lew

Toledo was flooded with goods supposedly stolen during the Dee-troyt riots. Most of it watches and jewelry recently imported from Japan, with brands such as Bluvola, Eglin and Ralex.
DGDevin wrote:

==================================="Swingman" wrote:

==================================== Unfortunately, much of Detroit is not prepared to fill today's jobs.
Computer related activities seem to be going begging for lack of available talent.
Computer game programmers, Google, etc, all have openings for qualified people.
There are lots of economic opportunities, just need to be prepared to handle them.
Doom and gloom has always been around.
It still remains what it is, total crap.
Lew

As a native of that particular town ... do you also assume that -- after this latest airplane-bomber attempt -- air travel is inherently unsafe?
Sample size issues, anybody??

I wonder if the decline corrrelates to the lizard-brain Republicans who ran the country between 1994 and 2008?
Or has superman Obama really managed to do so much evil in 11 months?
See if you can wrap your brain around that concept.
Perry Aynum wrote:

See if you can wrap *your* brain around the facts: <
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhJ_49leBw

Rob Leatham

Steven Crowder - now there's critical thinking for ya...
Perry Aynum wrote:

Didn't think you could wrap yourself around the facts that were presented. i.e. that Detroit has been led by statist Democrats since 1961. Yeah, it's the Republicans' fault that Detroit is in the condition it finds itself. Went after the messenger instead.

Rob Leatham
On 1/1/2010 10:50 AM, Perry Aynum wrote:

LOL ... actually, the current situation has unarguably been been bought and paid for by 60 years of Democrat policies with nary a "lizzard brain Republican" around.
That's not the point ... as long as you idiots keep your divisive "Democrat vs Republican", "conservative vs liberal" bickering going, as you do above, those who want you divided so they can conquer you, will continue to do just that.
Wake up ....
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Thanks Swingman. What could I have been thinking all these years.
On 1/1/2010 12:27 PM, Perry Aynum wrote:

Could it possibly be the "thinking" part that you've been stumbling over "all these years", Perry? :)
You have a happy and prosperous New Year, Perry ... it's been fun talking to you.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Swingy, ah rectum that Seor Perineum might be a troll.
Please act accordingly.
-- Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven. Gee, ain't religion GREAT?

AKA Buck Turgidson
Robatoy wrote:

AKA the illustrious Tom Watson

Rob Leatham
You seen New Orleans, Bubba?
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 13:26:15 -0600, Swingman wrote:

No, just the response thereto - and before you foam at the mouth I'll stipulate there was enough to go around for both parties. But few will ever forget "You're doing a heckuva job, Brownie." :-).

On 1/1/2010 6:29 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

> No, just the response thereto - and before you foam at the mouth I'll > stipulate there was enough to go around for both parties. But few > > will ever forget "You're doing a heckuva job, Brownie." :-).
Nahhh... only a foolish few will remember the media blathering at a poor, defenseless, convenient target of opportunity. :)
More to my point ... FEMA will be the same, inept, bureaucracy regardless of which party is in power.
Having personally lost a home in a Gulf Coast storm, and being forced to deal with FEMA in the aftermath, I can assure you that neither "political persuasion", nor "parties" at any level, had any bearing on the typical inept bureaucratic "response thereto".
Now, and since you brought them up, if you've had _firsthand_ experience to the contrary with the FEMA bureaucracy, I, for one, would love to hear it? :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

What time frame are you talking about?
Lew
On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 19:07:29 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

I'll bet he's thinking "this lifetime", Lew.
-- Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven. Gee, ain't religion GREAT?