Images of Greene & Greene project - in progress

Hello -

I am a custom Furnituremaker specializing in the style of Greene & Greene. I have posted images on my website of the project I am currently working on (Gamble House Master Bed)

I will post more images as the project progresses.

Peart

Reply to
Darrell Peart

Thanks for sharing the progress. Your work is beautiful!

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

Beautiful work Darrell. Of course post more, always enjoy seeing the work in progress photos.

-- Ed. O. My woodworking projects at:

the NAIL from e-mail to reply

Reply to
Ed. O.

Darrell,

Could you explain what you're using to make the inlays as shown in the pics?

Bob S.

Reply to
bs

Yes, please do. I've considered doing an A&C/Art New-Vo Tulip ala Mackintosh detail but haven't as yet...

The laser cutting sounds very intriguing - can you give an overview of the process?

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

What color are you going to paint it? Looks marvelous!

Reply to
solarman

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:16:38 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC pixelated:

That's "nouveau", Owie.

A buddy of mine in San Marcos, CA used a laser to cut his business cards. Corel Draw 4 and a computer were used and the laser "printed" the etching or cuts depending upon his needs. Pretty cool. Darrell's buddy looks to have a newer model.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Only if'n yer a Frenchie there Jaques. Ya ain't a Frenchie are ya, Lair-E?

Is it a big deal to cut the corresponding inlay? (If that's the direction one wanted to go, of course.) I mean, what's involved in sizing the inlay for the cutting once you have the outlay(?) Corel-ed up? Was the price reasonable or kinda a sticking point for personal projects (i.e. don't drive no fancy truck, don't live in no McMansion, don't do an annual vacation ­ 'cept to the Astoria KOA every year)?

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:52:48 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC pixelated:

I'm a proud Heinz 57, tendjewberrymosh.

It was a kilobuck per watt back then and I think he got a 30w light saber. He didn't do inlay, just laser carvings and thin paper-backed-wood cutting for his cards. You'd probably have to do a cutout on the inlay and a cut-in on the background, varying the line width in Corel to get a precise cut for each species.

KOA, eh? Like, McDolences, dude. Whatever you do, _don't_ talk to Barry Meyers this week.

Reply to
Larry Jaques