if you had the opportunity...

... to get a proper eddycation at the furniture design school of your choice, US or Canada (preferably Canada!), which would it be? Why?

Caleb

Reply to
calebsg

North Bennett Street School in Boston, MA. Why? Stellar reputation and very focused curriculum.

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

College of the Redwoods in California. James Krenov was head of the program there until recently (think he retired last year). Good emphasis beyond the technical on proper design and form. Take a look at any of Krenov's books to get a good idea of what was taught.

Reply to
Gary

North Bennett St., Boston

Lunch is really good around the North End 8-)

Andy Dingley

Depends on your taste.

Based _only_ on the stuff I've seen, College of the Redwoods seems to favor "modernistic" design, while North Bennett St. School seems to lean towards traditional styles.

I've seen killer workmanship from both, but NBS students seem to make stuff I *like*.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I'd go to the University of Thomas & Ashley or the School of the Public Occupational Organizational Noosphere Trade Actualization Night Group.

Reply to
Silvan

For a classical education, no question, North Bennett Street school Boston.

Reply to
Mike G