I will never buy another blade....

....other than a Forrest.
I have had this freakin' WWII blade for about 2 weeks now. Ok it cost a C note.
I have put a lot of 8/4 oak and 3/4 oak ply through that thing. It is awsome. *NO* burning whatsoever. I have a Freud laminate blade, but I think that the WWII does as good a job on plywood. Ripped 8' 2x4's at 33 degrees with no problem. This is an outstanding blade - everything I put to it goes through like...well...butter! And it stays sharp "as a razor" (sorry).
Excuse me...I am in awe....I am a convert...I have drunk (?) the cool-aid. No other blade will ever do now.
I have the chopsaw blade on order. Can't wait to try it.
If you are considering the Forrest, do it - you will not regret it - it will save you money in the long run and end a lot of frustration with cheaper blades (I have a lot of experience with those).
Never had a blade with a serial number on it before. Makes me feel real good somehow.
FWIW
Lou
I've used the WWII. Nice blade, but IMO, over priced. My Freuds do just fine.
On 9 Jul 2005 18:56:38 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

depends on what your doing. forrest blows away any blade cutting tropicals. I cna rip faster and smoother with a forrest 30t combo blade then any 24 or less tooth rip blade. my forrest chopsaw blade cuts more accuratly then my frued ever did plus it cuts faster and smoother. plus they stay sharp far longer too. they really excel on thick woods. Knight-Toolworks http://www.knight-toolworks.com affordable handmade wooden planes

Uh huh. I use nothing but, unless cutting crap. With a properly set up saw, it really does shine. And shine for a very long time between sharpenings.

I can let you have a few Vermont American steel blades that have serial numbers on them, $50 each.
Ooops, turns out they are sequentially numbered. That makes them worth $60 each. How many do you want and what number do you want for the starting number?
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Cursive Script for an additional $8.99 per blade
loutent wrote:

Best blade you will ever own, period!!!!!
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Dave wrote:

sure it does. How much oak crown molding do you cut with that blade?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Hi Dave,
I have used Freud's, Oldham's (Not the signature I guess). Also used VA's and some others that I can't remember their names (worn off).
If you have never used the Forrest, you deserve to try it at least once. I am really impressed with the difference in blades - up to now, I did not think that there was that much (difference).
Like I said, I don't think that I would ever buy any other brand. I only wish that I had bought the Super Dado set instead of the Freud 508 set I bought a year ago and has to now earn its keep for many years (it's a pretty good set tho).
I think that if you get a Forrest, then have it sharpened every so often, in the end (? gulp) it will be less expensive but more importantly, your woodworking along the way will be more enjoyable/accurate/ etc.
Lou
be sure to have Forrest sharpen it when the time comes or you will not be so happy with the results.
I bought a WWII once. Now I own two of them, a high AT plywood blade, and an 8" dado king. If you think the WWII is great, wait 'til you get a Forrest Dado set!
And as others have said, but sure to save your box and send it back to Forrest for sharpening. Good as new every time.