Forrest WWII blade, Pt II...

For the 1 1/2 HP saw, a thin kerf blade with a 5" stiffener.

Thanks for your help, all.

Reply to
Sammy

That's good Sammy, but what was Forrest's answer to your original question?

Reply to
Swingman

Sammy

FWIW, I have the 1 1/2 hp Ridgid TS2424 and I have a regular kerf WWII. I havn't had any problems with it and I have used it to cut 8/4 hard maple. Keep in mind that if you do go with the blade stiffener, you will not be able to raise the blade to the same height as without it. Your maximum depth of cut is lowered.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum
40T is the GP blade.
Reply to
Sammy

All of my tools are underpowered, and I find the thin kerf blades are a godsend. As far as using stiffeners, you should try them both with and without. One of my saws does great with a stiffener, but another cuts better without them.

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle

Thanks. Just dipsticking ... that was pretty well the general consensus of the group, and also coincides with my experience with the WWII.

Reply to
Swingman

You say at the end of your reply that one saw works better without "them" You're just suppost to use one, right?

I have > >

Reply to
Mike Coonrod

Sorry. There are actually two types that I have used. One consists of a single disc, with a rubber-gasket type thingy, and the other is a pair of thinner metal plates of larger diameter. I suppose I just should have proposed that you not assume the saw will cut smoother with stiffener(s), but experimenting will be worth your while.

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle