I owe a debt of grattitude to one of you.

I don't remember who it was who mentioned Charles Niel's video on controlling tear out using the scalloping technique.
But just a few minutes ago I routed some maple that had the grain going in the wrong direction. Instead of climb cutting I tried the scalloping technique. AWESOME. Both stiles were chamfered using the scallop then cleanup routine. I had left a lambs tongue at both ends and no tear out.. easy clean... WOW!!!!
Thank you.
On 5/8/12 12:36 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Link?
--

-MIKE-

On 5/8/2012 1:05 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

He calls is "bump cutting":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l4suyL84-w

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 5/8/2012 2:15 PM, Swingman wrote:

On 5/8/2012 1:26 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l4suyL84-w

One of those benefits from late night browsing of non-UseNet headers on an RSS feed.
LOL ... surprised I disremembered it. :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 5/8/12 1:26 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Thanks. I've always done that but never seem to remember to do it until I have a big chip-out! Now I have a name to call it to go along with the swearing at myself. :-)
--

-MIKE-